On July 4th, LZ-53 lost a great buddy, Ken Adams. He was a permanent fixture at our field for more than a decade and he will be greatly missed. Next time you take to the skies, give a nod to one of the best friends LZ-53 has ever had. Our club is sending a representative to his services, Ian Johnston. The date for those services has not been set as of yet, and we will keep you posted as we learn more. Be careful, take care of each other, and get a flight in for Ken!
AMA Club #1694, est. 1971 Celebrating 44 years of R/C Flying onboard Camp Pendleton
Our Club field is located in the Camp Horno Area at LZ 53 We fly on weekends and holidays only!
Field Hours - 7:00am to 1 hour before sunset!!! No GAS,GLOW or Turbine flying till 0800
6th & 7th OPEN 13th CLOSED 14th OPEN 20th OPEN 21st CLOSED 27th & 28th OPEN
Check this schedule PRIOR to heading out to the LZ. This schedule is subject to change on VERY SHORT notice
LZ OPEN AND CLOSE PROCEDURE
1. FIRST PERSON AT THE LZ IS TO stop BY THE FLAG POLE (DO NOT ENTER THE LZ) .
2. CONTACT LONG RIFLE @ 760-725-4604. request permission to go HOT (OPEN) .
3. OPEN THE AMMO BOX ATTACHED TO THE FLAG POLE AND RAISE THE. RED BRAVO FLAG. YOU MAY NOW ENTER THE LZ.
4. IF YOU OPENED THE LZ AND ARE LEAVING BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE, REMEMBER to TURN OVER THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE LZ TO ANOTHER CLUB MEMBER BEFORE YOU DEPART. INSURE THEY CALL LONG RIFLE TO TRANSFER RESPONSIBILITY.
5. LAST MAN TO LEAVE, CALL LONG RIFE AND TELL THEM THE LZ IS COLD(CLOSED). BRING DOWN THE RED FLAG AND PUT IT IN THE AMMO BOX.
THE AMMO BOX ATTACHED TO THE FLAG POLE HAS IMPORTANT BASE PHONE NUMBERS AND PROCEDURES FOR EMERGENCIES. I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO LOOK IN THAT BOX AND BECOME FAMILIAR WITH ITS CONTENTS.
Reminder.....guests are not to enter the LZ without the sponsor being present. Sponsors are 100% responsible for guest conduct and actions.