Latest update is the field will remain closed while the paperwork makes its way through the military system. Long story short, it will cost us about $7000 to Camp Pendleton and likely be the end of the 1st quarter of 2017 before we can fly there again. The good news is we didn't spend all that money on raffles or cookouts this year so we have it in the bank. Many of you are asking about the 2017 membership renewals, well we will not be sending out the renewals until we know the status of the LZ . Hopefully we will be getting an update soon as this is a long process.
AMA Club #1694, est. 1971 Celebrating 46 years of R/C Flying onboard Camp Pendleton
Our Club field is located in the Camp Horno Area at LZ 53 We fly on weekends and holidays only!
Field Hours - Closed until further notice. No GAS,GLOW or Turbine flying till 0800
Check this schedule PRIOR to heading out to the LZ. This schedule is subject to change on VERY SHORT notice
LZ OPEN AND CLOSE PROCEDURE
1. FIRST PERSON AT THE LZ IS TO stop BY THE FLAG POLE (DO NOT ENTER THE LZ) .
2. CONTACT LONG RIFLE @ 760-725-4604. request permission to go HOT (OPEN) .
3. OPEN THE AMMO BOX ATTACHED TO THE FLAG POLE AND RAISE THE. RED BRAVO FLAG. YOU MAY NOW ENTER THE LZ.
4. IF YOU OPENED THE LZ AND ARE LEAVING BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE, REMEMBER to TURN OVER THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE LZ TO ANOTHER CLUB MEMBER BEFORE YOU DEPART. INSURE THEY CALL LONG RIFLE TO TRANSFER RESPONSIBILITY.
5. LAST MAN TO LEAVE, CALL LONG RIFE AND TELL THEM THE LZ IS COLD(CLOSED). BRING DOWN THE RED FLAG AND PUT IT IN THE AMMO BOX.
THE AMMO BOX ATTACHED TO THE FLAG POLE HAS IMPORTANT BASE PHONE NUMBERS AND PROCEDURES FOR EMERGENCIES. I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO LOOK IN THAT BOX AND BECOME FAMILIAR WITH ITS CONTENTS.
Reminder.....guests are not to enter the LZ without the sponsor being present. Sponsors are 100% responsible for guest conduct and actions.