IMPORTANT MEMBER NOTICE 09/22/2016 Camp Pendleton requires us to execute a Real Estate License for use of the LZ, which will take several months for THEM to put in place. Camp Pendleton military leadership is looking at our request to use the airfield, then they will start the process needed for us to obtain a license to operate. This is new guidance and not how we have done business in the past. Unfortunately we have been told this process will take several months.
We will update everyone as we enter new steps in the process and again we apologize for the TEMPORARY loss of our great airfield. We have requested meetings with base officials to clarify in case there is some confusion, as we operate on a non-interference basis on the installation, but all to no avail. 'The process is the process' is their reply , so we are doing all we can to expedite and get us open and flying once again. It WILL happen, just not tomorrow.
AMA Club #1694, est. 1971 Celebrating 44 years of R/C Flying onboard Camp Pendleton
Our Club field is located in the Camp Horno Area at LZ 53 We fly on weekends and holidays only!
Field Hours - Closed until further notice. No GAS,GLOW or Turbine flying till 0800
Check this schedule PRIOR to heading out to the LZ. This schedule is subject to change on VERY SHORT notice
LZ OPEN AND CLOSE PROCEDURE
1. FIRST PERSON AT THE LZ IS TO stop BY THE FLAG POLE (DO NOT ENTER THE LZ) .
2. CONTACT LONG RIFLE @ 760-725-4604. request permission to go HOT (OPEN) .
3. OPEN THE AMMO BOX ATTACHED TO THE FLAG POLE AND RAISE THE. RED BRAVO FLAG. YOU MAY NOW ENTER THE LZ.
4. IF YOU OPENED THE LZ AND ARE LEAVING BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE, REMEMBER to TURN OVER THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE LZ TO ANOTHER CLUB MEMBER BEFORE YOU DEPART. INSURE THEY CALL LONG RIFLE TO TRANSFER RESPONSIBILITY.
5. LAST MAN TO LEAVE, CALL LONG RIFE AND TELL THEM THE LZ IS COLD(CLOSED). BRING DOWN THE RED FLAG AND PUT IT IN THE AMMO BOX.
THE AMMO BOX ATTACHED TO THE FLAG POLE HAS IMPORTANT BASE PHONE NUMBERS AND PROCEDURES FOR EMERGENCIES. I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO LOOK IN THAT BOX AND BECOME FAMILIAR WITH ITS CONTENTS.
Reminder.....guests are not to enter the LZ without the sponsor being present. Sponsors are 100% responsible for guest conduct and actions.